social media coordinator
Reporting to the Executive Director, KCSIC is seeking a Social Media Coordinator to create and maintain a strong online presence for the organization. You will serve as the day-to-day manager for all KCSIC social media platforms and implement digital marketing campaigns. With our strategic goal in mind of increasing youth served by 15%, this position will play a pivotal role in fostering awareness of KCSIC and our programs for the purposes of attracting, engaging with our student communities digitally, and implementing key campaigns for the organization.
This is a part-time, remote position.
We believe that young people are the social innovators of our time, able to transform their communities with their voice and leadership, through real-world experiences.
KC Social Innovation Center (KCSIC) is an equity-centered nonprofit agency – built with students and for students – with a mission to create social impact and economic opportunity through real-world experiences. KCSIC manages a portfolio of programs, projects and pilots that create a network of technology, community, investment, education and business sectors to work directly with youth, and come together to solve Kansas City’s biggest problems and help transform communities. For more information, visit KCSIC.org.
Organic Social Media (50%)
- Daily management of all KCSIC’s and specific program’s digital platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, and YouTube
- Create original and engaging text, image and video content using a “social first” approach
- Suggest digital organic content campaigns that align with the organizational mission
- Oversee social media account layout and ensure all links and bios are updated regularly
- Community management, engagement and escalation on all brand pages and groups
- Develop social toolkits for use across the organization and with influencers, partners, and other organizations
- Collaborate with programming, learner experience, alumni, and other internal teams to ensure organizational messaging and campaigns are included in content calendar and to acquire creative assets
- Keep apprised of the latest social media best practices, platforms, and technologies
- Monitor and report on KPIs
- Draft communications for email marketing, and develop content for the digital and web platforms
- Monitor community relations inquiries and the KCSIC general email inbox
Event Digital Support (10%)
- Review, edit, and add events to the website calendar
- Work with internal teams to gather event information and post on EventBrite/other social platforms
- Create event invites on digital invitation platforms, maintains & communicates RSVP with internal clients
- Monitors local event calendars and newsletters, participates appropriately
*NEW – Paid Digital Advertising (10%)
- Implement paid digital advertising campaigns in coordination with the leadership team to increase brand awareness, student engagement and business development leads
- Write ad content and suggest creatives assets for campaigns
- Work with web team on the creation of landing pages for campaigns
- Conduct A/B testing campaigns
- Daily tracking and optimization of campaigns
- Report on KPIs
You are a communicator who has a deep passion for social, digital and emerging media. You are skilled at managing digital communities and creating engaging and informative social media content. You are collaborative when aligning on goals and strategies and can work independently to implement on them. You’re a creative, out-of-the-box, solutions-driven thinker. You are mission-driven, positive, and eager to expand your knowledge. You have an ability to inspire and motivate.
- 1-2 years experience in social/digital marketing and communications
- Excellent and concise written communication skills
- Ability to effectively communicate and engage with a diverse audience
- Proficient in asset creation tools such as Canva and Adobe Creative Suite
- A technical understanding of social media platforms and organic algorithms
- Strong attention to detail
Program(s): All Portfolio
Hours: 25 hours/week
Type: Part time; Permanent
Reports to: Executive Director
Supervises: interns and students (at times)
KCSIC is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages applications from people of all backgrounds.
“In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.”
How to apply > send your cover letter telling us about you, and why you want to join our team, attach your resume (PDF) and send to firstname.lastname@example.org.