The Program Manager is responsible for managing all aspects of the Center’s opportunity programs – including but not limited to Hire KC and Project Commons, with a purview that encompasses municipal, nonprofit and employer-based programs, school and student relations, parent and student engagement, and community relations, while contributing resources and expertise to the Center’s growing portfolio of initiatives.
The Program Manager will fully subscribe, and help to build and continually improve upon KCSIC’s next-gen, innovation-based, design-thinking approach to all programs and portfolio initiatives. The Program Manager is a key member of the leadership team, supporting the organization with specific administrative, engagement and organizational duties in support of the portfolio. This position reports to the Senior Director.
We believe that young people are the social innovators of our time, able to transform their communities with their voice and leadership, through real-world experiences.
KC Social Innovation Center (KCSIC) is an equity-centered nonprofit agency – built with students and for students – with a mission to create social impact and economic opportunity through real-world experiences. KCSIC manages a portfolio of programs, projects and pilots that create a network of technology, community, investment, education and business sectors to work directly with youth, and come together to solve Kansas City’s biggest problems and help transform communities. For more information, visit KCSIC.org.
- Work with the Senior Director to formalize the annual strategic direction, program design and deliver performance targets for the program and its related projects to successful deployment, and ensure all are meeting published goals and achieving the outcomes intended by each.
- Manage student, employer support representatives, interns and intern coordinators.
- Manage and help optimize the technology that supports the program, including but not limited to: internship management software, intern and support communications platforms.
- Manage student recruitment and assist with creating a high-quality intern and project experiences.
- Manage all aspects of student support, including email, text and school engagement.
- Coordinate usage and support with Hire KC’s internship software platform and technology tools.
- Help maintain continuity of employer, school and student engagement with project management techniques, and by documenting and communicating necessary actions and determining needs of open tasks.
- Help draft and manage program goals, marketing strategies, and implementation plans; maintain continuity of work operations by documenting and communicating needed actions and determining continuing needs of open tasks.
- Be the face of Hire KC out in the community; coordinate between and among other staff and partners
- Track all data aligned to program metrics: attendance, performance, feedback and program participation.
- Oversee and manage the coordination of events and event planning and/or coordination related to designated programs/projects, including but not limited to: career fairs, internship summits, and intern academies.
- Oversee and project-manage needs and resources for all marketing and communications deliverables for the program, including but not limited to: newsletters, social media, media and graphics, website(s), promotional items, mailings, and other vehicles for direct and digital marketing and communications.
- Lead all day-to-day operations of the program, including content updates for website pages, customer / client support, interns, coaches, and liaise with all HR provider(s) as needed to support interns, partners, etc.
- Manage all aspects of onboarding and offboarding of interns, students and employers, including training, payroll setup and processing, and time log management.
- Manage all program assets and oversee digital archival to preserve year to year performance/usage data, and to ensure that documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 3-5 years of experience managing youth and/or people.
- Ability to coordinate and support the management of interns and volunteers.
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and interpersonal (in-person, written, email, and telephone)
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Comfort Ability to manage multiple projects at once, and prioritize time management.
- Ability to work independently and support a variety of operations relevant to Hire KC summer program.
- A passion for youth pathways and connected learning, and desire to improve access to quality learning and greater student success.
- Prior program and/or relevant work experience.
- Knowledge of current trends and issues in K-12 education and youth workforce, especially in Kansas City
- Human resources experience
- Experience working with employers, and knowledge of the business landscape in Kansas City
- Experience with social media tools, outreach instruments
- Familiarity with urban neighborhoods and communities
- Experience in youth development, teaching and STEAM disciplines
- Experience with copywriting and editing
- Experience with Slack, CRM tools, Google Drive, and other communications and management tools
You are an organized leader with a passion for unlocking youth potential. You are skilled at managing people and processes. You like details and pay great attention to them at all costs. You are motivated by others, and wrangle buckets of tasks effortlessly while keeping check on your environment to ensure harmony paves the way to outcomes. You are a stellar communicator and are comfortable building relationships with youth as well as the broader community.
KCSIC is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages applications from people of all backgrounds.
“In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.”
How to apply > send your cover letter telling us about you, and why you want to join our team, attach your resume (PDF) and send to email@example.com.