Hire KC Lead Coach
The Lead Coach is part of the Hire KC program team, and provides key program coordination and support during the spring, and coach management and intern oversight during the summer, specifically for the Working For Youth campaign. This is a unique leadership opportunity for a self-motivated and student-centered professional or educator looking to enhance and accelerate one’s professional development while bringing transformative real-world experiences to youth across the city.
The Lead Coach shall work remotely, but will have coworking membership and access to KCSIC’s primary office in downtown Kansas City, Missouri, in the historic Globe building at Plexpod Crossroads.
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to
- APRIL-JUNE – Program Coordination and Support
- Provide key program coordination including:
- Assist program team with summer coach recruitment youth/school recruitment
- Assist with sourcing and onboarding employer intern hosts
- Assist with community organizing and engagement strategies in key neighborhoods and communities
- Support and facilitate intern matching, training, onboarding and experience management
- Support and facilitate supervisor onboarding and training, and relationship management
- Support and help formulating employer and supervisor best practices
- Support the deployment of intern Work Ready training and content
- Document all work, noting new W4Y strategies into Hire KC summer engagement under the leadership of the Senior Director.
- Provide key program coordination including:
- JUNE-AUG – Coach Management and Intern Oversight
- Directly case-manage and supervise a group of 10-15 Hire KC interns in collaboration with host employers.
- Inspire, mentor and oversee the intern group as a Cohort.
- Work as needed with supervisors, other Student Coaches, and Hire KC staff during the term of the internship program.
- Provide check-ins and management support to interns, and client support to host-employers.
- Serve as a liaison between Hire KC and host employers to develop professional connections in order to co-manage and co-design intern activities and successful performance on/off the worksite.
- Visit each student worksite at least twice to meet with host-employers and observe intern activities.
- Provide feedback to interns and host employers, disseminate and convey information pertinent to worksite performance, requirements, discipline and behavior modification, and interpersonal communication, as well as cohort project assignments and pre-professional development programming.
- Observe, reflect and report upon workflow practices of intern-employer arrangements, workplace problem-solving strategies for interns, and work-ready skills referable to interns and would-be employees for development.
- Support opportunity procurement, maintaining records of individual intern commendations or recommendations.
- Facilitate wrap up and internship close-outs – including post assessments, surveys for interns and supervisors.
Required Skills and Experiences include:
- 2-3 years of education or youth development experience.
- Ability to mentor and inspire youth individually and in a group setting.
- Ability to work on self-managed projects with minimal supervision and cooperatively as a member in the cross-functional team.
- Ability to plan, organize, manage, and complete multiple responsibilities, projects, and assignments
- Tact, diplomacy, and patience in working with a highly diversified population
- Knowledge of the career/life planning process, resume writing, and job search skills
- Knowledge of the Greater Kansas City industries and employers
- Experience in employer relations and corporate settings
- Ability to operate or learn to operate new technology and online applications/software
All individuals involved in Hire KC are expected to treat others with dignity and respect demonstrating professional, courteous and appropriate behavior and engage in constructive conflict resolution when needed.
If you are an applicant requesting assistance or a reasonable accommodation in the application process, please contact KC Social Innovation Center at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We believe that young people are the social innovators of our time, able to transform their communities with their voice and leadership, through real-world experiences.
KC Social Innovation Center (KCSIC) is an equity-centered nonprofit agency – built with students and for students – with a mission to create social impact and economic opportunity through real-world experiences. KCSIC manages a portfolio of programs, projects and pilots that create a network of technology, community, investment, education and business sectors to work directly with youth, and come together to solve Kansas City’s biggest problems and help transform communities. For more information, visit KCSIC.org.
KCSIC is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages applications from people of all backgrounds.
“In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.”
Click here to apply.